Monday, August 11, 2008

last weekend

this past weekend we had my husband's father and his wife up to visit. They hadn't been up since I got my new dining room table, my bailey console table from pottery barn (I love that thing!!) and our basement "finished" -- carpeted, walls, ceiling, etc. So, things seemed a bit newer around here. Which is always nice. They all went out golfing and over to the lake which is 5-10 minutes from here. My husband got some nice pictures of the kids and that night we had a weenie roast. I never realized how much laughter that word can generate. My 12 yr old daughter was cracking up whenever anyone said "weenie" which in turn made everyone else erupt into laughter. She's not at all like that, she's a straight-laced, sort of aloof kind of kid. To see her like that was really great. :)

And here's some of my other favorites from yet another summer weekend gone...already.






No comments: